Transportation issues continue to be a high priority at the County.
A good, dependable, transportation system is pivotal to DuPage County’s
continued economic success, and for improving our quality of life.
Being stuck in traffic, or at the airport, costs us more then we think;
it increases our gas costs, our reliance on foreign oil, and the amount
of pollution our car puts into the air. But more importantly, traffic
congestion steals from us hundreds of hours each year we could have
spent with our families instead of stuck in traffic.
As Vice-Chairman of the County’s Transportation Committee
I have pushed for a new approach to transportation in DuPage County.
I believe we must look at transportation as one giant integrated and
intermodal system; and not separate highway, railway, or bus systems.
The following is a list of transportation projects
for this area that I have, and will continue, to work on at the
Road / I88 interchange - completion of the project;
2. Eola Road / I88 interchange - re-energize the agreement and start
3. Eola Road extension to Roosevelt Rd - get a consensus and start
4. EJ&E / Star Line - work with the Canadian Nt’l Railroad,
and get this project moving;
5. Increase commuter parking at train stations - work with METRA
and build more now;
6. Western Access to O’Hare - work to make this a ‘national
7. Aviation Modernization - O’Hare and DPCA - Aviation Re-Authorization
8. Bus Rapid Transit Expansion - Naperville/Aurora to O’Hare,
and other routes;
9. Trail Integration - Additional ‘spurs’ to trains
/ schools & an Eola Rd. connector;
10. Safe Routes to Schools - expand program to all County roadways;
11. Use prairie grasses along roadways to reduce operating costs,
and increase esthetics.
over for interactive map of transportation achievements